Linked Events

• Spring tech day: April 20, 2013

Author Topic: Tech day April 20th courtesy of Mr. & Mrs. Exexx  (Read 386 times)

Offline jestmaty

• President
  • Club Member
  • Noob Zoomer
    • Drivers Name: Jerry Wilson
    • Miata: crystal blue metalic,
Tech day April 20th courtesy of Mr. & Mrs. Exexx
« on: February 28, 2013, 01:42:16 PM »
More details to follow..

But, we plan to have a tech day event for members on April 20th, 2013.  Please don't post in THIS thread, but go here for updates and discussion...

http://houstonmiataclub.com/index.php?topic=2707.0

UPDATED by MW....

When - Saturday, April 20, 8AM till ???

Where - 4805 Willowbend Blvd. 77035. Exit South Post Oak from both the West Loop and the South Loop. Turn left at the first light (Exxon, Shell, Walgreens, Chevron).

Parking - Willowbend is not very friendly for on street parking so once the driveway and circular drive fill up, you may want to park on the side streets as shown. Please leave the driveway under the porte-cochère and back to the garage for cars that are going to be worked on.

Refreshments - Water, coffee, iced tea, diet soft drinks. If you want sugared soft drinks or adult beverages, please bring your own.

Snacks - Chips and dips.

Food - Hot dogs, but I don't have a grill so they will be broiled.

Tools - I have a lot of the basic tools + air + large sockets + electric impact + torque wrenches + spring compressor + shop rags + anti-seize + solvents + epoxies + grease.  Several of the proposed projects will need cars up on jackstands. I have two floor jacks but only one set of jack stands. We will need additional jackstands to work projects in parallel. I have an ODBII code reader. I have a NB2 workshop manual.

Projects - We can put 2 cars in the garage, 2 cars partially under cover of the breezeway, and 1 or 2 cars under the porte-cochère.

Projects - javierf, top replacement. Will we have the special tools, parts, and expertise to do this?

Projects - Fluid changes. I have a limited number of crush washers especially for the transmission and differential. If you want new crush washers, you might want to get them to bring with you.

Projects - kdshouston, bump stops. Do you want to pull the upper A arm long bolts or try to free the ball joint?

Projects - mcclurer, rear shocks, bring them.

Projects - KayhanW, I can read the codes.

Any other projects, please chime in so we can try to plan for them.

Those who just want to hang can also watch videos of me driving twisty roads in the Smokey mountains and Blue Ridge of NC and TN.

Misc - I have lots of soap and hand cleaner to wash up at the sink in the laundry room.

The more the merrier.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 04:18:06 PM by mikewalz »
No matter where you go, there you are.. immortal words from Buckaroo Banzai