Linked Events

• 54th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade: March 16, 2013

Author Topic: 54th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade  (Read 1127 times)

Offline cjshem

• Club Member
  • "OLD" but my right foot works real good!
    • Drivers Name: Charles Joe Shem
    • Miata: Velocity Red,
54th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade
« on: January 26, 2013, 11:17:16 AM »
St. Patrick's Day Parade  This year's theme is:  "We are Irish Texans". 
Where: Downtown Houston
Date: Sat., March 16
Important Times:
9:30 a.m. - Meet at the Clock Tower in front of Minute Maid Park at Texas and Hamilton
                WE ARE IN SECTION C; ENTRY #58.
12:00 noon - Parade starts
Special instructions: Remember to bring decorations for yourself, your car, and to share with others!

Parade Route:  http://www.hsppc.org/uploads/2013Route.pdf

My wife, Mary likes to express her Irish pride and heritage on St. Patrick's day so we (Mary, myself and Rightning McCreen) like to oblige her by participating in the annual parade!  Jack and Julia Hamilton got us started in this tradition and Mary and I have been to everyone since.

Decorate your car with some Irish theme or something green and join us (I have some extra decorations if you need any.)  Remember, you don't have to be Irish to be in the parade.  You just need the Irish spirit.

This gives you plenty of time to prep. The Club pays the entry/parade fee.  It will cost you nothing but your time.  I'll have more details on the location, rally point, parade route and time as we near the date.  In the mean time check the Calendar, the Facebook page or your Newsletter so you don't get left out. 

Erin go Braugh!

http://www.hsppc.org/Home_Page.html
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 09:24:26 PM by cjshem »
BEGI ECU Rechip, FM Intk/Dwnpipe, Magnaflow Cat, Corksport 3.1 exhaust,  ACT HD Clutch/10# Flywhl, Miata Roadster Shortshifter, CX Racing Radiator, Racing Beat Ft Swaybar, Extreme Dimensions Ft Bumper, ft/rr mudflaps, S/S Skidplate, Nautilus Air Horn, Magellan GPS & V1 Radar, Cobra 29 CB

Offline Hunter

• Activities Chairman
  • Forum User
    • Drivers Name: Hunter Thornquist
    • Miata: Olive Drab,
Re: 54th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 07:41:13 AM »
By March 12th? I've been thinking about plasti-dipping to a matte olive drab...

Sigh

Half the staff requested the entire week off, and the work load got shoved onto us that aren't into the whole spring break thing. Snowflakes chance in hell that I'll be able to make it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 10:53:18 PM by Hunter »

Offline Milton

• Club Member
    • Drivers Name: Milton Womack
    • Miata: Gun Metal Gray,
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 04:00:33 PM »
Since my wife is Anglo-Irish (the family was given an estate by Cromwell that was later donated to a Catholic charity) we call ourselves Irish, In fact, after we visited there a couple of years ago, I started to use my middle initial -O- so I could be referred to as O'Womack.
All this to say that we will be in the parade. I need more information of what exactly to do in terms of decorations. Maybe some information can be available at the meeting in February?
Milton

Offline cjshem

• Club Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 04:16:46 PM »
I've left messages with the Committee Chairwoman to contact me when she has a "theme".  I've not as yet received any correspondence but I would suffice it to say that your Irish imagination could not hurt.

I have garlands, US flags and Irish flags to fly from the windshield wipers, banners and stickers for several cars.  There may be examples of the cars that were in prior parades in the "Gallery". 

I'll keep everyone posted that are participating either through this website, the Facebook site or through the newsletter.  Make sure when you register for this site that you post an email address.
BEGI ECU Rechip, FM Intk/Dwnpipe, Magnaflow Cat, Corksport 3.1 exhaust,  ACT HD Clutch/10# Flywhl, Miata Roadster Shortshifter, CX Racing Radiator, Racing Beat Ft Swaybar, Extreme Dimensions Ft Bumper, ft/rr mudflaps, S/S Skidplate, Nautilus Air Horn, Magellan GPS & V1 Radar, Cobra 29 CB

Offline cjshem

• Club Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 09:41:07 PM »
The Parade starts at noon.  We will meet at Minute Maid Park in Downtown Houston Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 9:00 to decorate the cars and receive the parade route and final instructions.  (More information forth coming.)

This year's theme is:  "We are Irish Texans".  The parade is dedicated to our good friend and great Irish Texans, Larry Joe Miggins.

Offline Pink Miata Girl

• Club Member
    • Drivers Name: Jackie
    • Miata: Crystal White Pearl,
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 09:29:23 PM »
FYI, downtown will be the place to be on Saturday, March 16! So make plans to drive your Miata in the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

Look for a list of activities here later this week. They start early and go into the night... and many of them are free!! Regatta races, warrior yoga, sustainability fest, live music, green pancakes, green beer, and more!

Offline KayhanW

• Membership Chairman
  • Forum User
  • Worship the Creator, not the creation
    • Drivers Name: Kayhan Warsi
    • Miata: Emerald Mica,
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 08:45:28 AM »
How interesting & cool is this?   :-)    It will be my birthday also plus the fact that I already have an Emerald Mica for the "Irish color".....Will check my schedule for that saturday & confirm as it maybe a 50-50 chance...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 11:41:22 AM by KayhanW »
When it feels like life is just passing you by, DOWNSHIFT !!!

Offline Cary77018

• Club Member
    • Drivers Name: Cary Crawford
    • Miata: Liquid Silver Metali,
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 11:28:19 AM »
This sounds like fun!   Is there a limit to how many cars can participate, and is there a sign up list?

Offline cjshem

• Club Member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 04:36:51 PM »
The Event Coordinator with the Parade said she would send me the final prep instructions on Friday.  It may be just in time for the Club meeting on Friday.  There will also be a FB and Newsletter posting so confirm your email address is correctly posted with the HMC so if you do not make the meeting, you will get the other notices.

Offline Landrocket

• Club Member
  • Noob Zoomer
    • Drivers Name: H Kelly Brown
    • Miata: Titanium Gray Metal,
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 10:14:44 PM »
We are already collecting decorations for our "Itty Bitty".  Ordered items will be in early next week.  We R IN!
Kelly Brown.....what could be more Irish than that!   :singing:

Offline KayhanW

• Membership Chairman
  • Forum User
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 09:53:04 AM »
How does one register????? Sorry I did not confirm last night as its been finalized today.....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Offline Pink Miata Girl

• Club Member
    • Drivers Name: Jackie
    • Miata: Crystal White Pearl,
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 11:25:00 AM »
Great! Glad you will be joining us next Saturday.!

The registration feature hasn't been added back to the website yet. So until then just post your plans to attend here or just show up to the event.

We will post the staging details as soon as we have them!

Offline cjshem

• Club Member
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 10:45:10 PM »
Finally! 

The Houston Miata Club will be meeting at "Parade Central" located at the Clock Tower in front of Minute Maid Park at Texas and Hamilton at 9:30, March 16.  The Marshal wants us to report to our section by 10:30.  That gives us an hour to decorate our cars.

We are in Section C and the entry number is #58.

Parade Route: 
http://www.hsppc.org/uploads/2013Route.pdf

Offline KayhanW

• Membership Chairman
  • Forum User
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2013, 11:17:48 PM »
Thanks

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Offline Joe Krzes

• Club Member
    • Drivers Name: Joe Krzes
    • Miata: Black,
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 09:55:53 AM »
Wife and I plan on participating.  Who knew you could be in a parade simply by buying a car!