WTB: 2003 SE Strato blue mica

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi,
I have wanted one of these for years, and finally in a position to buy one. If anyone knows of a 2003 SE strato blue mica Miata for sale, please contact me. Would prefer to buy one from a club member. :)(from wherever that may be). 

Thanks!!
Yvonne

Posted · Report post

There's one currently for sale at Gillman Subaru. Checked it out today. Has a bunch of scrapes and scratches; some down to bare metal. Seats both need to be repaired/replaced. 
I walked away from it but you may be interested. BTW: They have it listed for the BOGUS price of $6000

Posted · Report post

Thanks. I think I may pass on that one. 

Posted · Report post

Does anyone have a reliable mechanic near the tollway and I-10 where I could take a Miata to have it looked over? 

thanks!!
Yvonne

Posted · Report post

Might be a little late, but there's a very helpful mechanic in Cypress (I assume you mean i-10 and beltway on the west side) named Armand. Very experienced with Miata and very reliable. You can contact him at his page:

https://www.facebook.com/arhindrichsllc/

Posted · Report post

Armand is great. Gashead is right at I-10 and the Beltway. Clint who owns Gashead is super knowledgeable on NA/NB and knows what to look for. I would guess $100-200 for a full review of the car.

Posted · Report post

Well, I've finally found one, ready to buy, put deposit on it.  I don't suppose there are any mechanics around Friendswood area for a PPI? I went to see it today, would like someone knowledgeable to inspect it.  I'm going out of state this week for a work conference, and can't get back down there to take it somewhere.  Any ideas?

thank you!!!

Posted · Report post

I don't know if David Hedrick is still around. He lived in Pearland and knows the NA/NB really well (has done quite a few clutches, suspensions etc.). If you start a thread looking for his phone number someone might speak up. You could also put it on FB as I think their is a Miata friendly shop in that area.

Freddy