Millionth MX-5 in Houston Sept 23

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Mazda must be on a shoestring budget if they picked Grandsport Speedway.  Last time I was there they didn't even have toilets or running water.  Has anyone been there in the past year or so?????

Posted · Report post

Jackie, 

I think this is a great idea.  I'll make an announcement at the next meeting. 

William, 

I've never been to this venue.  Heck.... I didn't even know it existed.  I find it interesting that Mazda chose to have the Houston event at a race track, while the other stops across the country ar at Mazda dealerships. In addition to that, the stop in Houston is the only one that's referred to as the "MX-5 Experiance".  I wonder what that means. 

Posted · Report post

Maybe "MX-5 Experience" because you can drive on the track on Wed, Thurs or Friday (but only one of the days).  As of Friday July 29th track sports were only open on Wednesday the 21st.  For those who have never driven at high speed on a track this might be fun.  Grandsport is in Hitchock and is referred to as a Houston track.  Prior to that it was the old Galveston blimp base.  The 4  concrete pillars that were used to anchor the blimp are still standing.