Hello

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I just joined the club for some fun driving, socializing and advice on maintenance and repair issues.  I am also a member of the North Texas club and participated in the track day during the year I lived in Fort Worth.  I just got an estimate from Firestone for  an over $1,700 repair on the AC.  It's a 2002.  I drove a '95 Miata for 16 years and don't recall having the issues I'm having now with the AC.  I'd love any recommendations for a good mechanic shop to get a second opinion.

Posted · Report post

Try Craig's since he is familiar with Miata's. I first went to him on recommendation seen on this forum. I've been there twice with my '10 GT so far and have been very pleased. 

Craig's Auto Repair Services
Address: 14200 Schroeder Rd, Houston, TX 77070
Phone: (281) 469-5949

Posted · Report post

You are welcome to come by and have me give you a quote if you like. I've redone several AC's for fellow Miata members and my rates are far lower than the local shops. I try not to charge a million hours since quite a bit of the AC work is waiting. I'm located in Cypress.

www.facebook.com/arhindrichsllc

Posted (edited) · Report post

Lee Ann, I can speak highly of both Craig and Armand. Armand will cost less, but you will probably need to leave the car. Craig has a nice waiting room. Talk to Armand and see what he says. If you come to the meeting tonight (even with no A/C, you will have a great time and meet some fun people. BTW, you should be able to order a rebuild kit with rebuilt compressor and most of the needed part from rockauto.com for under $400. Even after adding in labor, it will be half the Firestone price.

Good luck!

Freddy

Edited by 2000turbo

Posted · Report post

Thanks Freddy,

I was planning to attend the meeting but was worn out from being out & about in the heat.  I will try Armand since budget is priority right now.

Posted · Report post

Armand will be happy to help. Good luck and let us know how things work out!

Posted · Report post

I couldn't make the meeting since we were slammed with work! Good problem to have, I suppose. Feel free to reach out to me on the business page when you're ready to discuss.